Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Shopping

At this time of year, I should be shopping for jackets because the weather's turning cooler, but apart from that cold snap we had in the wake of those hurricanes at the beginning of September, the temperature's been pleasantly hot of late. Ironically, it was walking into the store, kept at a cool 60 degrees, while dressed for 90 degree temperatures, that had me reaching for a jacket or robe of some sort to put on while I browsed the racks, just to keep my teeth from chattering.


This jacket looked cute on me. It was too small, though.


A nice, fuzzy robe - very warm. And if I tuck the edges of my dress up under it, it looks like I've got nothing else on!


This robe was very pretty. Definitely had a "kimono" look going on. And my thick, heeled flip flops turned out to be a perfect match for it! I had fun walking around in it for a bit, until I realized it was 100% polyester and it started building up mad static (what with my hair rubbing against it). Oh well.


These shoes were cute. I'm looking for a replacement for a similar pair I own - they're one of my favorite pairs of heels for when I want to dress up a bit. But I've worn them so much they're falling apart. These ones were just slightly too small for me (perhaps you can see my big toe hanging off the edge). Besides, the ankle strap on the other one was busted anyway...


This pink romper was adorable. I have to say I like the idea of the romper. I want one, but I've yet to find one that will work for my special requirements. Denim shorts are one thing, but lighter materials are far less forgiving of my bulge (especially when the entire garment is being pulled up at the crotch). And as for the top, I have a hard time imagining how even a properly-busted girl would be able to keep it from falling down... It is terribly cute, though.


I had strapless, shoulderless tops and dresses on my mind lately, so I tried this one on. It's hard to find one, as I'm sure you can imagine, that will stay up (especially for a flat-chested girl such as myself). This one is a snug fit (but not too snug), and the lining inside the top has a rubber grip, so it holds its place better than most. It was $3 on clearance, so I bought it. It's a real pretty shade of blue. Looking at it in my closet now, it seems as though I don't have many clothes in that color register. Now I have another dress to add to my "semiformal" collection! (More things I don't wear as much as I'd like to...)


Until next time... you know what they say - I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave! ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment