Friday, June 30, 2017

Two Rooms



I do believe this is my first clone shot using my iPhone (and a theme that I'm surprised I haven't taken advantage of more, living where I am - here is one example from earlier this year). I tell you, let the elitists say what they want (I can hear it now: "hur hur hur, you're not a real photographer!"), but shooting with an iPhone is the best of both worlds - the convenience of a cell phone, with the picture quality of a much better camera. You can't shoot in RAW (although as a result, the files take up much less space on my hard drive), the resolution is a little smaller (although I have yet to print any of my photos in anything nearing poster size), and it's basically like you're shooting in Auto mode (although what's wrong with letting robots do the technical work, and allowing you to focus on the creative aspect?), but I daresay the advantages outstrip the disadvantages, with the technology where it is right now. The number one important thing in photography is having a camera when you need it, and my phone is pretty much always in my pocket. Yet I find myself shooting with it even at home. It's just easier, and I like the results. There's less hassle between the kernel of an idea and the final result. Call me lazy, but how can you argue with output?


I believe I've mentioned this before, but when I take clone shots, I usually do a round of preliminary shots with me standing in each clone's place just to get the positioning down so I can cycle through them real fast on the camera and make sure I like how it looks before I go to all the trouble of perfecting each clone's pose, outfit, etc. So here's your behind the scenes look at this particular shot. It's less polished, but more raw, for those of you who like that sort of thing. :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment