Saturday, April 11, 2015

Reminiscence



At the end of the day yesterday, I came home and got undressed, and started modeling my thong underwear, since they're (obviously) sexy, but I haven't taken many opportunities to photograph them so far. I was standing in the doorway to the kitchen, at night, with the rest of the lights in the apartment off - which actually invokes a number of memories for me (especially Other Joys) - but this time, in particular, I was reminded of one of my very first shots in the Daily Nudes project from 2008 that really got me started on the track of nude photography.


In fact, I think it was my Day 1 photo. I had just started committing myself to regularly taking nude pictures - before then it was something I only did every once in a long while, when the rare impulse took me. I was just beginning my experience of home nudism in earnest then; it was still something I kept mostly secret, and so I had to limit myself to wandering around the house at night when everyone else was asleep, and rarely (and carefully!) slipping outside in the middle of the night.

This picture, which you might say started a landslide (in a good way), wasn't anything serious. I remember thinking that night, as I snuck into the kitchen after the rest of the house got quiet, what it would be like for someone else to stumble upon me there, nude (as I was newly in the habit of doing at the time). So I set up my camera to get a picture of it, and there you have it. Very candid - even documentary-like, you might say. -_^


Seven years later, and look at me now. I've grown a lot, but there are still a lot of things that haven't changed. I'm much more experienced both as a model and a photographer now. And I'm still taking nude self-portraits regularly. Although, I'm much more confident about my nudism, as demonstrated by the differences in pose between these two photographs. I hide it only insomuch as the law and social customs dictate (with maybe just a little bit of wiggle room), and I certainly don't keep it a secret.

Also, on the topic of "daily nudes", when I took the first picture - early in my experience of discovering nudism - I was making a conscious effort to be nude more often (that was actually my New Year's Resolution for 2008). Now, there isn't a day that goes by (and hasn't for years) where I'm not casually nude at some point (and not just in bed or the shower, either). And most days, I spend more time nude than I do dressed.

It's been a hell of a journey, with lots of memories collected along the way. It's been a lot of fun, too. And - perhaps most importantly - I have no intention of letting up anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment