Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Planning A Slumber Party (Massacre) - Part 3: Swim Meet

Start with Part 1: Invitation


In this shot, you can see the athlete peeling off her swimsuit, presumably after a swim meet, in what is supposed to be a locker room, as the killer-to-be peers around the corner. Of course, it's actually a garage, because that's the closest I could get, since I couldn't imagine being able to get permission to shoot the kind of thing I was going to shoot in a real locker room! You'll notice that this is a theme of this series (as well as my photography in general) - making do with what I have, in lieu of what I really want. After all, if I could have my way, I'd have cast real girls in the roles of the slumber party attendants.

It was more or less decided that I would use the garage for this shot, since I was looking for a nice variety in the locations (as well as the wardrobe) for the different shots in the series, so they didn't all look the same. Earlier ideas for the athlete's shot was to have her working on a bike, presumably wearing some sort of exercise or workout clothes. Though at the time, I wasn't sure I'd be able to get my hands on a cheerleader uniform, which meant the airhead would have to be wearing something similar - workout clothes. So when I came across the idea of having one girl in a swimsuit, I knew it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. It would both be sexy, and provide a nice departure from the other girls' outfits. Finding the suit was tricky, but my Wardrobe Assistant pulled through (swimmingly ;-) at the last minute.

One thing I can say for this shot is that it was very cold. I took this back in January, and while not as cold as the outdoors, it was very chilly in that garage. What's worse, I was soaking wet! Of course, I had to be wet, for the shot. I had squeezed into the swimsuit and then hopped in the shower real quick, before rushing down to the garage (dripping water everywhere), to get the shots I needed (I had already set the camera up). But, in the end, it turned out to be a lot of fun peeling out of that wet swimsuit. Sexy fun, that is. Here's a video I recorded separately from the same day:


The alternate shots I have are pretty straightforward, as they depict a linear series in which the athlete successively gets closer and closer to being naked, with the chosen shot above being the middle shot in the series. I probably like the last one the best, but it doesn't really show off the swimsuit I was so determined to get!





Fun trivia: You might remember this shot, uploaded in January. It's an outtake from this shoot.

Continue to Part 4: Dressing For Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment